Top Ten Common Interview Mistakes
10. Failure to learn about the company.
Do your homework before the interview; know what the company does.
9. Not taking the interview seriously.
A job can change your life, and your interview will decide whether or not you will be considered.
8. Not selling yourself. What makes you different from others?
Know the job description so you can draw on your experiences, talents, strengths and abilities to connect with company needs.
Know your major strengths and accomplishments as they relate to the job you are applying for and the company.
7. Not asking meaningful questions.
Have at least 3-4 good questions to ask. It actually leaves a good impression to have them written down in advance. Not coming in with any questions to ask might show that you did not prepare for the whole interview.
6. Dressing inappropriately for the interview.
Looking good and attention to detail counts for a lot.
Continued on page 2.